Guest Lodge Close To Belfast
This farm of 240 hectares of pristine Highveld grassland is located outside of Belfast. The property is located on both sides of the Winaarspoort dirt road. Accommodation includes a managers house on the one side and the private, stone guest lodge on the other side. The guest lodge has four bedrooms, three bathrooms and can accommodate 12 people.
The property is located 6kms out of Belfast and 25kms from Dullstroom.
A high-rise vehicle, preferably a 4 x 4, is required.
Natural stone and plastered walls under corrugated iron roof. High ceilings with exposed beams throughout the house.
- The main sleeper wood door leads into a sun lounge with a low ceiling, exposed beams and slate tiled floor;
- Upstairs, above the sun lounge is a loft, currently used as a playroom;
- Open plan dining, lounge and kitchen with high exposed beams and carpeted floor;
- The lounge, dining area has a large fireplace and double doors open onto the veranda;
- Stairs lead from this area to another carpeted loft area;
- Tiled kitchen with double sink and slate tile countertops with a large skylight and separate lockable scullery. Central island with timber top and 4 plate gas stove;
- Main bedroom is carpeted and has a fireplace and has an en suite bathroom, including a bath and a shower;
- Second bedroom;
- Second bathroom with bath only;
- Third bedroom has a small ÂkitchenetteÂ with tiled countertop, single sink and has an en suite bathroom with bath and shower;
- Fourth loft room.
- There is no Eskom connection;
- Solar is used to charge batteries for electricity whilst the fridge, stove and geysers run with gas;
- The lodge is fronted with a large wooden deck with a large gas braai. The deck overlooks the valley below;
Natural stone under corrugated iron roof. High ceilings with exposed beams and cement floors throughout.
- The open-plan living area that includes a large fireplace and a small office space;
- Kitchen has timber countertops, gas stove with 4 gas plates and 2 electric, prep sink with scullery, double sink with shelving;
- Two bedrooms, one with shelving;
- The bathrooms have shower, basin and toilet with skylights;
- Eskom power;
- Gas geyser.
- Five carports;
- Lockable storeroom;
- Storeroom where the honey mixer and lavender distiller are stored. Place for drying out the lavender and a double sink with gas geyser.
- Two dams, one stocked with trout;
- Water is pumped using solar power from an underground spring on the farm, into two holding tanks that then gravity feeds to the Lodge. A pressure pump is used to ensure good pressure in the Lodge.
- A borehole supplies water to 4 x JoJo water tanks close to the managerÂs house than then gravity feeds to the managers house.
No. of Baths: 3
-The farm is a registered conservancy with a breeding program involving Blesbok, Wildebeest, Zebra, Springbok and Ostrich;
-The property is fully game fenced;
-There is an aviary for the rehabilitation of birds of prey from the Dullstroom Birds of Prey Centre;
-Horse stables for two horses;
-Undercover braai area has a tiled countertop, single sink, gas braai and fire pit;
-Registered shooting range for clay pigeon shooting with an undercover seating area;
-Walipini, an underground greenhouse, of 400sqm with an irrigation system;
-1,3 hectares of established lavender that are mature enough to harvest for their oil. Distillery on site. Rosemary and Lemon Verbena have also been planted.
-12 bee hives that feed off the lavender.
-Income potential from weekend rentals of the Lodge. This was done very successfully two year ago.
-Wood fire hot tub at the Lodge;
-Solar panels on the roof of the Lodge with the battery pack and invertor locked in the walk in safe;
-Single carport with gas cages;
-Small carport used for wood storage;
-The furniture, household contents and farm equipment are available as a separate negotiation, subject to an inventory;
-Two title deeds;
-The fruit trees include lemons, oranges and plums.
PROPERTY RATES: R410