Walkersons Home with Amazing Views
This single storey home on Walkersons Private Estate has four bedrooms and four bathrooms, two of these bedrooms are detached from the main house, and the fourth has a separate entrance. It is north east facing and the location offers maximum privacy. The interior of the home is modern and features large windows. It has a spacious open plan living area and well sized covered veranda, that optimizes the amazing views over the Estate. There are closed combustion fireplaces in the living area and three of the bedrooms.
Walkersons Private Estate is an exclusive country estate, located 10km from Dullstroom and is also accessible by private aircraft. The 800-hectare estate is situated in a beautiful valley and comprises a limited total of 114 full title stands. Access is through a security-controlled gatehouse.
The Estate offers various country activities including mountain hiking trails, horse riding and trout fishing in any one of 14 dams and along the 4km of river. It also boasts the Walkersons Hotel and Spa.
The exterior construction of the house is stone and plaster under a chromadek corrugated iron roof. Several of the windows have ornamental shutters. The entire house has screed flooring and timber sash windows.
The open plan kitchen, dining and lounge area have high ceilings and top windows, that maximize the light in the entire area.
- Built-in wood burning Godin Colonial fireplace with wood storage area;
- Large glass stacker doors lead to the covered veranda which offers lovely views over the Estate. The veranda has slate tiles and steps leading down into the garden.
- Stacker doors lead out onto the wooden walkway that joins the covered veranda;
- Stepping down from the dining area there is a small study area and a guest toilet.
- Central timber breakfast counter with storage baskets;
- Ample shelves and drawers with timber countertops and a prep sink;
- Free standing Euro gas 5 plate stove, electric oven, Roblin extractor fan and splash back.
- Leading off the kitchen but also with a door leading to the garage;
- Double sink with fittings to accommodate a dishwasher and washing machine;
- Corner pantry cupboard with shelves and additional built-in cupboards.
Main Bedroom and en suite Bathroom:
- Spacious main bedroom with double doors that open onto the covered walkway leading to the veranda;
- Closed combustion wood burning fireplace and walk-in closet with ample shelving and a dresser area;
- The en-suite bathroom has underfloor heating, a large shower, bath and double vanity with shelving below;
- Separate toilet.
Access to the second and third bedrooms is across the paved garden area, within approximately 10 meters of the main house.
Second Bedroom unit:
- The unit has high ceilings and screed flooring, with a double door leading onto the covered veranda;
- En-suite bathroom with underfloor heating, bath, toilet and vanity basin;
- Built-in cupboard with dressing table and a built-in wood burning fireplace.
The third bedroom unit is identical to the second bedroom unit, except that it has shower and not a bath.
Separate Fourth Bedroom unit:
- En-suite bathroom with shower, toilet and vanity basin;
- Built-in cupboard with dresser area and underfloor heating.
No. of Baths: 4
-House was built in 2008;
-Paved driveway from the access road;
-Double garage with automated door, exposed beams and timber work bench;
-Corner, lockable storeroom in the garage;
-Wood storeroom next to garage;
-Separate lockable storeroom next to the entrance of the fourth bedroom;
-Gas geysers throughout the house;
-Furniture available as a separate negotiation, subject to an inventory.
PROPERTY RATES: R2,500