Timber Cottage In Dullstroom
This well constructed timber home offers four bedrooms and two bathrooms and is set amongst beautiful mature trees in a well-established garden. Excellent views from the large timber deck across the wetlands towards the Suikerboschkop Mountain and the surrounding farmlands. The home is north facing and is in very good condition.
The house was built in 1998. The maintenance of the timber involves a coat of a sealant every year or two, which has been done on an ongoing basis. It has a newly painted chromadek roof. The ambiance of the home is created by the timber floors, the wood paneled walls and the cottage pane windows and doors.
- Covered porch of approximately 12 sqm at the front door, leading into a small entrance hall;
- Open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area with two sets of double doors onto the veranda. The lounge section has a Jetmaster fireplace against a feature stone wall;
- The kitchen has a small breakfast counter, double sink and separate pantry with shelving.
- The bedrooms are all carpeted;
- First bedroom has built in cupboards and a built in dressing table with a north facing window;
- Second and third bedrooms are similar and with built in cupboards only;
- The fourth bedroom is larger and has two sets of bunk beds and wall heater;
- There are two bathrooms, both have baths and showers, wall heaters and dedicated geysers;
- The veranda is approximately 45 sqm and is covered but has several clear corrugated iron sheets that bring in the light and warmth. There are drop down canvasses and a built-in braai.
No. of Baths: 2
-The house was built to SABS standards, timber used is SA pine CCA treated log profile. The exterior walls are clad with aluminum foil, interior walls are dry walling, some with wood panels and the bathrooms are clad with fibrecrete. 50mm isotherm was used to insulate the house;
-Carport for three cars with corrugated iron back wall;
-Two storerooms/workshops of approximately 9 sqm each have electricity for plugs and lights;
-Gravel driveway with beautiful willow tree in the centre;
-Several other mature trees in the garden;
-2,2 meter palisade fence on two side of the property, diamond mesh in the front and wall and motorized gate on the fourth side;
-All plumbing in the roof was recently replaced with Afripex piping which does not freeze;
-Furniture included in the sale, subject to an inventory;
-Rates and taxes are approximately R995.00 per month, subject to change;
PROPERTY RATES: R995