Stunning Home In Doornkop Country Estate
A magnificent four bedroom three bathroom luxury home on a 1 hectare stand offers well-designed double volume living areas, verandas along the length and an established garden. It is located on a private 1 ha stand with views over a waterhole on Doornkop Fish and Wildlife Reserve
Doornkop Fish and Wildlife Estate is fully game fenced and is currently stocked with 15 species of large mammals and over 20 species of bird are to be found. Game viewing can be enjoyed on foot, mountain bike, horseback, or open top vehicles. Attractions include interesting ruins, waterfalls and forests in the valley. The clubhouse forms the hub of the estate and consists of the reception, fly shop, tuck shop, 2 pools with deck, TV room and games room.
Leisure activities include the following:
-Fly fishing from 8 well-stocked dams;
-Self drive game viewing;
- Kiddies playground (jungle gym and trampoline)
The house offers luxury fixtures and fittings without forgoing the Bushveld experience. It is well designed with double volume living areas, verandas along the length of the house to take advantage of the spectacular views. It is located on a private 1 ha stand with views over a waterhole, the Swartwaterspruit river and a large section of the game viewing area.
Formal Lounge Dining Area
- The double volume entrance hall leads into the formal living area;
- The living area is double volume with chandeliers and a large wood burning fireplace with attractive stone surround;
- The dining room is on a higher split level with steps leading down into the lounge;
- The lounge leads out onto a veranda which is enclosed on two sides with large glass windows.
- Large double volume kitchen with a bay window;
- The kitchen is well equipped with dark wood cupboards and granite tops with slate tiles;
- Defy eye level oven, an electrical stove top and a separate gas stove top;
- Prep basin;
- Separate scullery and laundry with double sink;
- Separate walk in pantry.
Family or TV room
- This living area is also double volume with chandeliers and used as a casual dining room and TV room;
- Gas fireplace;
- It offers its own covered veranda overlooking the waterhole.
All the bedrooms can, have built in cupboards, can fit double beds and are situated in one wing of the house. There is a long passage which gives access to the 4 bedrooms and study. The passage has linen cupboards for storage and features two nooks for feature furniture placement.
The main bedroom is en-suite, large and open plan with steps leading up into the bathroom. The bathroom has double basins, a large shower and Victorian bath. There is a separate toilet and walk in dressing room with his and her cupboard space. The bedroom opens onto a veranda.
Bedroom 2 and 3 are both en-suite with built in cupboards. The one bedroom has its own veranda however both en suites have a shower, bath and corner basin.
The third, separate bathroom offers a combined shower/bath and corner basin and services the fourth bedroom.
No. of Baths: 3
-Under floor heating;
-Outside boma with central braai with a thatched roof;
-Separate storeroom next to the outside toilet;
-Large storeroom located underneath the TV room;
-Linen cupboard in the passage leading to the bedrooms;
-The house is tiled throughout;
-The seller would be open for negotiation regarding some of the furniture with the sale of the house;
-Established garden with grass, flower beds and trees;
-The house was built in 2004/2005.
PROPERTY RATES: R220