Share In A Farm Near Dullstroom
A sixth share is available in a beautiful farm of 392 hectares which has an abundance of streams, weirs, natural springs and a variety of game. It forms one of three farms that have dropped their internal fences so that the game can roam freely between the properties. The game includes buffalo, eland, zebra, blue wildebeest, blesbok, springbok, red hartebeest and ostrich.
Spectacular views of the countryside with deep valleys, ravines and mountains. The location offers total peace and quiet with no electricity and no cell phone coverage. The accommodation includes a four-bedroom stone farmhouse with a large loft room upstairs.
It is approximately 23 kilometres from Dullstroom, with another 12 kms of gravel road. 4x4 vehicle is required to access this property.
The farmhouse is natural stone under red corrugated iron roof with cottage pane windows and built in security bars. Ceilings with downlights and timber floors throughout the ground floor.
Farmhouse (4 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms):
- Open plan lounge, kitchen and dining room area with exposed beams;
- Kitchen has a large breakfast bar counter, double sink and four plate gas stove and oven. Ample built in cupboards;
- The lounge / dining area has a large fireplace and double doors open onto the veranda;
- The main bedroom has built in cupboards with dressing table and access to the veranda. The en suite tiled bathroom has a bath and shower;
- Second bathroom is tiled and has a bath, toilet and vanity basin;
- The second bedroom has views of the mountain and waters;
- The third bedroom opens onto the veranda and has a built-in cupboard.
- The fourth bedroom has exposed beams and a timber floor;
- The large loft room also has exposed beams and can accommodate up to 8 people.
- The three streams that run through the farm, converge and run past the house;
- There are several large weirs;
- These waters are stocked with trout approximately twice a year;
- Spring water feeds a water tank and is gravity fed to the farmhouse.
- The share entitles you to 8/9 weeks per year on a rotational basis. Swapping between members is done as required;
- The farm is held in a CC;
- The monthly levy for 2019 is R3300 per member;
- Members are permitted to allow family or close friends to take up their weekend, without being present and at no charge, but the member remains responsible for their behavior;
- If a member, his family and/or friends cannot take up a weekend, then it would be offered to other members. Failing them wanting to use the weekend, members can rent out the weekend at R 1500 for the whole house for the weekend - funds to be paid into the company account;
No. of Baths: 2
-Although there are no internal fences between the three farms, residents of each of the farms may not transverse over the other two farms;
-There is no one living on the property, but a management team is in place;
-No Eskom. Solar power supplies the lights. There are two gas geysers, a gas stove and two gas fridges/freezers;
-A generator is available;
-No cellphone coverage at the house and no TV;
-Stone paved drive way and parking area;
-Picnic area by the river, a short distance away from the house.
PROPERTY RATES: R