Original Dullstroom Home
This original Dullstroom house dates back to the early 1900s and is now a popular holiday accommodation venue. It was built by the same architect that designed the old Dutch Reformed Church pastorie called Hogeveldt (1917). The property has a three bedroom home and a separate four sleeper cottage. It is centrally located in the established area of Dullstroom opposite the oak lined Oranje Plein. The house has the original, beautifully maintained Oregon pine flooring, doors, windows and window sills. Enjoy an immediate, steady income from weekend rentals while owning your own original Dullstroom property.
Most of the original house has been maintained, including the architectural style and the finishes. It is plastered brick under corrugated iron with timber cottage pane windows and high ceilings through most of the house.
- Small covered veranda at the front door;
- The lounge has a very large open fireplace and is split into a TV area and a sitting area;
- The kitchen is spacious and includes a dining area that currently has an 8-seater dining room table. There is ample cupboard space, a single sink and a prep bowl, electric oven and Oregon pine flooring. The tops of the counters are tiled;
- Separate laundry and/or scullery off the kitchen;
- The two front bedrooms have the original oregon pine flooring and the bathrooms are incorporated into the bedrooms. The first one has a bath, basin and toilet. It also has the original open fireplace. The second bedroom has a corner bath with basin and toilet;
- The third bedroom has timber floors and an en suite bathroom with a bath, basin and toilet. This bathroom can also be accessed from the lounge;
- The lounge opens out to a brick laid veranda with wooden beams and vines growing in between. This area is private and families can enjoy the established, well maintained garden.
- The cottage is located next to the single garage and storeroom at the back of the garden;
- It is a one-bedroom cottage with 2 beds in the bedroom and 2 extra single beds in a second room that also has the kitchenette;
- The small kitchenette has a sink, small fridge and microwave;
- The bedroom has a bathroom en suite with shower, toilet and basin;
- There is a large lounge, dining area, that is open on two sides to the garden.
No. of Baths: 3
-Single garage and storeroom of timber construction;
-The exterior walls and roof have recently been repainted;
-The house and cottage each have their own geyser;
-Established garden with numerous trees including oaks;
-The property is fully fenced with high shrubs on three sides ensuring privacy;
-The roadside fence has two beautiful wooden gates entering the property, one entering the house and the other for vehicles;
-Furniture will be available as a separate negotiation, subject to an inventory;
-Rental income averages between R 14 000.00 per month;
-Municipal rates are approximately R 1030.00 per month, subject to change.
PROPERTY RATES: R1,030