Highland Rose Country House
Double storey home with five bedrooms plus three separate guest accommodation units. Situated in the north western part of Dullstroom, set on almost 2600 sqm of beautiful gardens with a rose garden, water features and pond. The architectural style and features make it a unique home.
Most of the doors and windows have leaded glass and stained glass features. Most of the rooms feature bay windows and much of the house features the original timber plank flooring. The wrap around veranda is another feature that contributes to the style of this house.
The Highland Rose is currently used as weekend accommodation so has the so has that potential but is being sold as a home.
Main House Downstairs:
- Entrance hall with guest toilet;
- The lounge area has the original Oregon pine floors, an open fireplace and bay window with double doors onto the verandah;
- The dining area has the same timber floors, a bay window and Union coal stove;
- Dry walling between the kitchen and dining area so this could easily be converted to open plan.
- Kitchen with double sink, 5 plate gas stove, and electric stove with central work area/island with prep sink and door out onto the veranda.
- Large separate pantry with shelving.
- Spacious main bedroom with timber floors, bay window, a basin in the room and lovely views out into the garden.
- Bathroom across the passage with ball and claw bath and toilet
- Second en suite bedroom with access from the verandah. It has timber flooring and a build in cupboard. The bathroom has a shower and toilet.
Main House Upstairs:
- The main central living area has wooden floors with timber paneled walls and ceilings. Central wood burning fireplace, down-lighters and many small windows giving additional light. It also has a small office area with built in cupboard and shelving;
- 3 bedrooms, one en suite with bath, shower and toilet.
GUEST ACCOMMODATION UNITS:
Situated within 10 meters of the main house and all with separate entrances.
Bramble Cottage (two sleeper with bathroom)
The cottage features internal timber window shutters and DSTV.
- Carpeted double room with fireplace and small sitting area.
- Tiled bathroom with bath with shower cubicle in the bath, basin and toilet;
- Single carport with gate.
Rose Cottage (two sleeper with bathroom)
- Entrance through stable door;
- Small covered, tiled veranda area;
- Carpeted room with double bed, wall heater and built in cupboards;
- Tiled bathroom with shower, basin and toilet;
- Undercover parking.
Hawthorn Cottage (spacious two sleeper with bathroom)
This unit is very spacious with living area downstairs and upstairs open loft bedroom.
- Full length veranda with country style windows;
- Double volume living area lounge area with wooden floors, DSTV and fireplace with timber mantlepiece;
- Walls are timber lined with a ÂFrench washÂ finish.
- Tiled bathroom with skylights, ball and claw bath, basin and toilet;
- The small kitchenette has a single sink and adequate work space;
- Wooden stairs to loft bedroom with built in cupboards and king size bed;
- Undercover parking.
- Staff toilet and outside sink;
- Additional single garage that is very spacious and is used as the laundry area. Plus a double garage.
- Separate staff toilet;
- The garden is beautiful and features many mature trees, various rose bushes, hedges, a water feature, koi pond, formal pathways and an irrigation system.
No. of Baths: 5
-Fully fenced, with low stone wall on the front of the property;
-Furniture available as a separate negotiation.
-Wrap around veranda;
-Wood storage area.
PROPERTY RATES: R