Farm In The Hills Of Tonteldoos
This stunning, 110 hectare farm sits in high in the hills above the hamlet of Tonteldoos. It is fully game fenced and features 5 engineered dams, 4 of which are approximately 1 hectare in size. Accommodation includes a three bedroom main house and a two bedroom cottage. Tonteldoos has a thriving community with two restaurants, a pub, general dealer and bottle store. It has a slightly warmer climate than Dullstroom, due to the fact that it is about 300 meters lower in altitude.
Tonteldoos is situated 22km north of Dullstroom on a gravel road and the farm is a further 6km north of Tonteldoos. It is a 45 minute drive.
The house overlooks one of the dams with open manicured veld between the house and dam. The house is in excellent condition. Constructed of face brick with tiled roof.
- Three bedrooms, all carpeted with built-in cupboards;
- The main bedroom is generous in size, with an alcove for extra beds. En suite bathroom, with shower;
- Open plan lounge and dining room with fireplace and bar. This area is carpeted, and has a serving hatch through to the kitchen;
- Second and third bathrooms, one with shower only, the other with a shower in the bath;
- The kitchen features ample cupboards, a hob and two eyelevel ovens;
- There is also a large storeroom off the kitchen, secured with a heavy steel security gate;
- All external doors have steel security gates;
- Covered veranda overlooking neat gardens surrounding the homestead;
- Thatched lapa with braai area.
Cottage next to main house:
The double garage has been converted into a cottage.
- Two bedrooms, all carpeted. The bedrooms have inter leading doors to the bathroom;
- One bathroom (bath only);
- Spacious living area;
- Kitchenette with basin.
Original Homestead and Rondavel
This house is over 100 years old and used to consist of three bedrooms and one bathroom. The rondavel is next to this building and has one bedroom and a bathroom. Both these building would require extensive repairs and renovations
- There are five trout dams altogether, four of 1ha each and a learners dam. These dams all have engineered dam walls;
- All the dams are naturally fed by rainwater and a couple of springs during the rainy season and until about June. A borehole at the bottom of the farm is then used to top up the dams throughout the rest of the winter, until the start of the rain season;
- There is another borehole for domestic use, which pumps into a 5000 liter JoJo tanks which then gravity feeds to the house.
No. of Baths: 3
- 4 x 4 vehicle required to access the property;
-There are various storerooms;
-An old barn;
-Three neat apartments for staff, situated away from the main house, closer to the entrance;
-Existing game includes black wildebeest, blesbok and springbok and is included in the sale.
PROPERTY RATES: R75