Double Storey 5 bedroom home in Doornkop
Doornkop Wildlife and Fish Reserve is set in a private reserve of rolling hills and grassland savannah situated in the malaria-free Komati Valley near Machadodorp. The Komati River and Swartwaterspruit wind their way through the reserve and fishing for both yellow fish and trout is available.
There are a total of 60 houses on the Estate, 5 of which have not yet been built. 75 percent of the homes are full title and the balance of 25 percent are share block and are linked to RCI through First Resorts.
Doornkop is fully game fenced and is currently stocked with 18 species of large mammals, including giraffe, kudu and eland and over 200 species of bird are to be found. Game viewing can be enjoyed on foot, mountain bike, horseback or open top vehicles. Attractions include interesting ruins, waterfalls and forests in the valley. The clubhouse forms the hub of the estate and consists of the reception, fly shop, tuck shop, pool deck, TV room and games room. There are eight large dams.
The reserved is located midway between Carolina and Machadodorp.
Small thatched portico at the front door. Attractive light coloured tiles throughout the house. Very attractive wrought iron chandelier in the living room with similar style fittings as wall lights.
Lounge / dining / kitchen area:
- Spacious open plan living area combining the kitchen, dining room and lounge. Double volume with exposed beams and thatch;
- Large closed combustion fireplace between the lounge and dining area with a sliding door onto the veranda;
- The dining area can comfortably accommodate a 10 seater dining and plus there is an additional breakfast bar that seats 8;
- The kitchen has granite work tops and Cherrywood coloured kitchen units. Double sink with views across the surrounding veldt. Four plate Defy stove with extractor fan and light. Some of the top kitchen cupboards have doors with a glass inset.
- Flows around three sides of the house and offers amazing views across the bushveld and waters. It has a very substantial balustrade and a built in braai.
- There are four bedrooms, all have tiled en suite bathrooms. Two bedrooms are found on each side of the living area. The two front bedrooms have double beds, built in cupboards with dressing table and a sliding door onto the veranda. The bathrooms have a shower only;
- The second two bedrooms have a double bed and a single bed in each, with built in cupboards and dressing tables. The en suite bathrooms have baths only.
- Fifth bedroom which is similar to the upstairs bedrooms;
- Fifth bathroom with shower only;
- Five door storage/ linen cupboard in the passage;
- There is direct access to the double garage of 42sqm. The garage floor is tiled, it has a standard ceiling and top windows plus an additional storage area of 9sqm;
- Jacuzzi room with glass sliding door that offer a wonderful view into the surrounding bush. It seats 8 people and is fully operational;
- Games room that previously housed a pool table;
- The laundry is off the garage and has a sink, cupboard, washing line and alcove with washing machine and tumble drier.
No. of Baths: 5
-The monthly Estate levy includes trout stocking, game management, basic garden maintenance around the immediate area of the individual houses and general estate management. There is an additional basic Eskom charge of R 253.56 and refuse removal charge of R60.17. The water and electricity usage is metered and charged accordingly. The cost of the housekeeping is an additional cost;.
-Paved drive way up to the house and around the carport area;
-Spacious double garage;
-Most furniture is included (subject to an inventory).
PROPERTY RATES: R