90 hectare Farm with Pristine Water
Ben Aloe is set at the foot of the Steenkamsberg Mountains between Dullstroom and Belfast. This property of 90 hectares has pristine waters including three manicured dams near the house, a waterfall and two streams which are tributaries to the Elands River.
More impressive is the location. The house is surrounded by lovely views of the mountain, dams and farmlands and you can hear the waterfall from the house, which is approximately 150ms away.
The location offers a sense of total privacy.
The large farmhouse is a well-constructed timber frame built on brick foundations. It has 5 spacious bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and two open plan living areas. There is Eskom on the property.
The farm is situated 26kms from Dullstroom on the road towards Belfast. There is 6kms of provincial gravel road and 4 kilometers of farm road.
The house is well maintained with brick foundations up to the floor level, with timber frame walls and a new corrugated iron roof.
- Large sliding doors lead into the spacious double volume open plan lounge / dining area. The lounge area is carpeted and features a fireplace;
- The breakfast counter separates the dining area and kitchen;
- The kitchen has lovely views over the mountain and features ample storage, a double sink, space for a washing machine and a tumble drier;
- The spacious main bedroom is carpeted and has built in cupboards. En suite tiled bathroom with bath, basin and toilet;
- The second and third bedrooms are mirror images of each other, both carpeted with built in cupboards and desks;
- The fourth bedroom is slightly smaller and also carpeted with built in cupboards;
- There is a fifth bedroom located on the mezzanine level just off the living area. This area has the capacity to comfortably accommodate three bunk beds;
- All the bedrooms have views over the mountain or dams;
- Large games room located below the mezzanine level, with a storeroom below the stairs;
- Covered veranda with view over all three dams;
- Linen cupboard.
- An original English design, double storey timber barn built three years ago, serves as a workshop and storeroom downstairs and a loft space upstairs;
- The upstairs loft has clear corrugated sheets and a dormer window;
- Off the side of the barn is a lean to roof that is used for the tractor and other farm equipment;
- Two double carports, each accommodating two cars;
- Two original farm buildings that have been converted to house the two staff members and the laundry.
- Two strong streams which are tributaries to the Elands River;
- Three well-constructed trout stocked dams;
- Potential for a fourth dam;
- Water supply to the house is gravity fed from the waterfall to a tank behind the house.
No. of Baths: 3
-Ben Aloe has an interesting place in history. The Steenkampsberg mountain range and Ben Aloe itself has Boer encampment sites used by the boers in the war. There are also two interesting instances of rock art in the mountain;
-Typical of the Highveld in the area is a mixture of grassland and mountain flora. Duiker, rare red eared rock rabbits, porcupines, brown hyena, rooikat, serval have all been spotted or photographed. Birds abound and there are apparently 5 species of kingfisher alone that can be found along the rivers;
-The rocky face of the escarpment makes for spectacular scenery and views.
PROPERTY RATES: R195