112 Hectare Guest Farm Tonteldoos
This beautiful guest farm of 112 hectares is located near Tonteldoos. Accommodation includes a farmhouse, two cottages and six rondavels. There is large central boma of 90 sqm is set between the rondavels, it has a lounge area, 14 seater dining room table and a fully equipped kitchen. Beautifully located campsite with an ablution block, washing-up and prep kitchen area. A pax of 20 can be accommodated at the campsite.
The property has spectacular views across the surrounding countryside and features kopjes and the typical middleveld flora of the area.
Water on the property includes, four springs, one dam, a pond and small stream running through the lower part of the farm.
The outbuildings include a shed of approximately 435sqm. The farm has good grazing and 12 ha of arable land.
The property thus offers the opportunity for small scale farming as well as the being able to provide income from weekend rentals.
Approximately 30 kilometers east of Dullstroom on the Tonteldoos Road.
The main section of the house has been renovated and includes a very spacious open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area, a walk-in pantry, a 32 sqm bedroom with bathroom en suite and a closed-in entertainment area. The floors are tiled throughout. There is a further large room of approx 90 sqm alongside that could be converted into additional bedrooms, studio or office.
- The large entertainment area of approx 65 sqm has extensive windows and skylights that creates a light and airy space;
- This area has a built-in timber bar with shelves, a built-in braai and sliding glass doors onto the veranda and braai area. Views from the veranda over a large fishpond and beyond to the hills and valleys of the farm;
- Generous open-plan living area of 126sqm;
- There is a large jetmaster fireplace in the lounge section;
- It has a central island, with a granite top and includes cupboards on the one side and seating on the other three;
- Ample built-in cupboards and granite work surfaces throughout, a prep sink, 4 plate SMEG gas stove and electric oven;
- ÂArgaÂ type wood burning stove to complete the country feeling;
- The scullery off the kitchen has a single sink, cupboards and connections for washing machine, dishwasher and tumble dryer:
- Off the scullery is a passage through to the old kitchen that could very easily be converted into a studio or work area. There are 5 single sinks and several electrical points.
- Large lockable walk-in pantry of approx 22 sqm with shelving;
- The main bedroom is spacious with built in cupboards the full length of one wall, a closed combustion fireplace and doors onto the veranda;
- En suite bathroom has a bath, shower and vanity/basin with a separate toilet and basin;
- There is an additional very spacious room of approximately 90sqm off the living area that is currently used as an office and art studio. Two sets of double glass doors open from it to the outside world;
- There is Wi-Fi coverage in the house as well as boosted cell phone reception.
- Rustic stone under thatch cottages, each comprising a single room with bathroom, which has a shower, toilet and basin. Situated near the farmhouse.
- There are 6 thatched roof rondavels that have been renovated to offer a bedroom with bathroom that include a shower, basin and toilet.
- The central is set between the rondavels and serves as an entertainment and kitchen area for all the guest accommodation;
- The lounge area has a large jetmaster fireplace, 14-seater dining room table and a fully equipped kitchen;
- The kitchen has a double sink, 4 plate gas stove with oven and a 6 plate Âwood stoveÂ, a double glass door fridge, a second fridge, microwave and cutlery, crockery and pots and pans that easily accommodates 12 guests. The boma leads out onto a covered verandah with brick paving and a barrel braai;
- Two of the original rondavels now serve as ÂgazebosÂ with a thatched roof and open sides;
- One rondavel has been converted into a toilet block with two toilets.
- There is a huge steel shed 29m x15m with concrete floor, fluorescent lights and high roof. There is also a large built in braai at one end of this building. There is an additional Âlean toÂ tractor and implement shed 12m x6m against the one side of the main shed;
- Adjoining the main shed at the far end are two storerooms with a common dividing central wall, each of approximately 100 sqm with fluorescent lights, electricity and water pipes installed;
- The second of these rooms was an ablution block;
- There is a large mezzanine above the pantry /bedroom overlooking the main shed of approx125 sqm with a large sink and fluorescent lights reached via a steel staircase from the shed.
- Adjoining the two large storerooms is a further room used for staff accommodation that includes a toilet, shower and basin and has electricity and a wood stove.
- There is a paddock area with a corrugated iron cattle shed that houses the cows at night. It is equipped with a Taltec full-body cattle crush and neck clamp for cattle handling.
- Beautifully located campsite that can accommodate 20 pax comfortably. It is set amongst the original ancient stone walls used many years ago as livestock kraals and is entirely sheltered by a variety of indigenous trees. There is a central fire pit and permanent barrel braai.
- The site has magnificent views for miles around;
- The generously proportioned ablution block is brick and mortar, clad with stone on the outside. It comprises four separate toilets with basins, two of which have a spacious shower cubicle. There is an additional kitchen washing-up and prep area with a table and double sink;
- The campsite relies on solar light power and has a donkey boiler for hot water;
No. of Baths: 9
-There is a strong fully equipped borehole that yields approximately 4 500 liters per hour. This pumps the water up to 6 x 5000L Jojo tanks and from there gravity feeds to the house, cottages and rondavels;
-There are four springs on the property one of which feeds the concrete reservoir used at the moment for koi;
-Water to the campsite runs via a pipeline from the main tanks to a 4000 litre Jojo tank on a stand above the campsite ablution block;
-There is a small stream running through the lower part of the farm.
-The farm is divided into 9 camps of various sizes for the cattle
-Approximately 12 hectares of arable land
-Farm currently runs 50 head of Nguni cattle.
-There are layer chickens purely for the owners enjoyment.
-They also enjoy watching the indigenous guinea fowl and duikers that they feed on a daily basis in front of the main house
-The farm is fully fenced and has an extensive network of tracks to give access to its various parts.
-Furnishings and equipment in the rondavels and boma would be included in the sale of the farm, subject to an inventory, available on request.
-A website has been set up.
-Three Phase Eskom;
-Lovely indigenous trees around the house, include White Stinkwood, Kiepersol, Wild Pear,Vlamdoring,Gwarrie, Suikerbos etc providing lovely shade;
-A bewildering array of seasonal and permanent indigenous flowers, including the Yellow Arum Lily and eleven species of aloe;
-Over eighty species of birds counted;
-Small game such as duiker, klipspringer,mountain reedbuck, jackal, rooikat, porcupine, serval, genet, slender and yellow mongoose, Jamesons red rock rabbit and Scrub hares are found on the property;
-A large fenced off vegetable garden under hail net cloth;
-22 Strand electric fence around the farmhouse enclosing approximately one hectare around the house. The main gate is motorised. There are two other double manual gates at the back of the house and a single pedestrian gate leading to the rondavels;
-The farmhouse and boma have alarm systems and external beams.
-Electric fence and security lights around the boma and rondavels.
-Inventory for the farm equipment, available as a separate negotiation, consists of at least the following: Ford 5000 tractor, large single axle farm trailer, tractor-mount rotary glass slasher, disc plough, dam scoop, single-tine ripper, tractor mounted grader-blade, Tuffy hay baler, 4-wheel rotary hay rake, hammer mill, bakkie-sakkie fire unit with Honda engine, Husquvarna knapsack blower, knapsack sprayers, fire beaters, Case 580G TLB and miscellaneous hand tools;
-Terrestrial based Wi-Fi and cell phone booster;
-Micro light airfield;
-There are 4 title deeds.
PROPERTY RATES: R180