Upmarket Home In Walkersons Estate
Land Size: 7,588 sqm
This upmarket home is situated in Walkersons Private Estate in Dullstroom and is located on a large elevated estate stand of approximately 7588 sqm with views over a few of the estates prime fishing waters. The exterior of the house is a mixture of plaster, corrugated iron and stone walls, giving a modern rustic feel.
The house is south west facing and comprises a large open plan kitchen and living area which flows onto a large balcony. The lounge and main bedroom take advantage of the northern aspect. There are three bedrooms, three bathrooms and a separate spacious en suite unit. Quality finishes throughout including travertine tiles, engineered oak flooring and Zimbabwe black granite.
Walkersons Private Estate is a beautifully maintained, well-known country estate offering full title ownership to a limited few to enjoy the 14 trout dams and 4 kilometers of river offering exclusive fly fishing together with various species of game that roam 800 hectares. Families can enjoy long walks over a network of paved walking paths and mountain hiking trails interspersed with a designated picnic areas - and when the mist rolls in, owners can enjoy the estate gym and spa facilities.
Residents are encouraged to enjoy all the boutique offerings of the Walkersons Hotel and Spa and its award winning fine dining experiences.
The estate is located only 10kms from the town of Dullstroom and internal roads are all tarred for access in any low slung vehicle. Alternatively private aircraft may land on the Estate airstrip. Access is controlled by 24 hour security at the boomed entrance gate
- Impressive entrance with a double volume covered storm porch and wooden double doors which leads onto a large entrance hall with a rock feature wall. There is a large window at the of the entrance hall maximizing the view across the property;
- The entire house, excluding bedrooms, is tiled with travertine tiles with under floor heating.
- The open living area is very spacious and located to the left of the entrance hall and encompasses the open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area;
- This area has double volume ceilings, with exposed beams, three beautiful metal chandeliers and a Morso wood burner. The large windows and stacker door are an impressive feature. There are an additional three double doors leading onto the balcony ensuring great views of the Estate;
- The large balcony overlooks an attractive water feature, which has a bridge to access the rest of the garden. The balcony is enclosed with cable and wood balustrades.
- The kitchen area is also double volume;
- Beautifully finished with Zimbabwe black granite counter tops, ample built-in cupboards as well as a large cupboard with glass panes;
- Centre island with granite prep sink and additional storage below. Lovely feature light above;
- Freestanding SMEG gas stove with five plates, large oven and an extractor fan;
- Separate scullery with concrete slab ceilings and down lighters. Access onto a small courtyard;
- Separate pantry/storeroom;
Bedrooms and Bathrooms:
- The bedrooms are located to the right of the entrance hall;
- At the beginning of the passage there is a large window similar to the window in the entrance hall as well as a door which leads to the outside and to the separate en-suite bedroom suite;
- The first and second bedrooms are spacious with large windows overlooking the Estate. Both have engineered oak flooring;
- The first and second bathrooms are located directly opposite the bedrooms. The first is a wet room with walk-in shower, bath, toilet and a single vanity with granite top. The second has a bath with shower, basin and toilet;
- The main bedroom is very spacious and also has engineered oak flooring, large windows and a feature chandelier. Beautiful spacious bathroom with chandelier, travertine tiles, an open walk-in shower, large oval free standing bath and double vanity with granite top. Frosted glass door off the bathroom (shower area) onto a small courtyard. The toilet is separate.
Bedroom en suite self contained unit:
- This separate sleeping unit with its own entrance is brick with corrugated iron cladding and connected to the main house by a covered stone walk way;
- Spacious open plan layout, the bedroom section has engineered oak flooring and large windows;
- The wetroom is very generous, featuring a free standing bath, open shower, toilet, double vanity with granite tops and large windows overlooking the garden.
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.