House in Walkersons Country Estate
Land Size: 11,899 sqm
House Size: 500 sqm
This property offers an extraordinary opportunity to own a newly built home on Walkersons Estate, done in the classic Barnyard style architecture with the appropriate distinguishing features including high ceilings, exposed metal beams, sleeper wood detail, dressed brick feature walls and expansive double glazing.The house is set amongst tall pine trees with rock features included in the garden and with a good degree of privacy.It has four bedrooms and four bathrooms, an open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area with a scullery, a second lounge plus a TV lounge. There are two entertainment areas - large covered patio with elevated views across the dams of Walkersons and the second area that looks towards the mountain and game reserve area.
Walkersons Private Estate
The Walkersons Private Estate is an upmarket country estate offering a limited number of on this exclusive game and trout estate, considered to be one of the most exclusive addresses in the Eastern Highlands of South Africa. The Estate is located 10km from the town of Dullstroom with tar roads to each stand and is accessible by private aircraft. The 800 hectare estate is situated in a beautiful valley and entrance is through a security controlled gatehouse. The Estate offers its residents a country lifestyle with access to manicured grounds, a mountain nature reserve, indigenous fauna and flora, 14 dams and lakes and 4km of river frontage. There is also a network of paved walking paths and mountain hiking trails. The Estate is also home to the renowned Walkersons Hotel and Spa.
The house is dressed brick with corrugated iron cladded feature walls under corrugated iron roof. It has anodised door and window frames. There are two large triangular windows following the lines of the apex of the roof, at each end of the living and offer amazing light into the whole area. The living areas have large travertine tiles, the bedrooms are carpeted and there is underfloor heating in all the bathrooms. Extra height solid meranti doors throughout.
- Access from the double garage to the home is along a short-covered passage and into the entrance hall;
- A very spacious open plan living space includes the lounge, dining and kitchen area. There is an open fireplace with a sleeper wood mantle piece, at one end of the lounge and two back to back closed combustion fireplaces between the lounge and the dining area. One of the combustion fireplaces includes a small oven;
- There are large sliding doors on either side of the lounge leading to the two outside entertainment areas. The one entertainment area is covered veranda of 60sqm with a timber floor and elevated views overlooking the dams. The second area is open with a built-in braai and concrete firepit that overlooks the game reserve side of the Estate;
- The dining area easily accommodates a ten-seater dining room table;
- There is a timber counter top between the dining area and kitchen that serves as a breakfast bar. There are ample kitchen cupboards, a prep basin, Caesar stone tops and a pop up plug on the breakfast counter. The SMEG stove has a gas hob with six plates and a large electric oven. The sale includes an imported double door fridge freezer with ice and water dispenser;
- Separate scullery with a dishwasher, washing machine and tumble drier;
- Tall grocery cupboards in the passage leading from the kitchen;
- There is a small enclosed backyard housing the washing line, gas bottles, an outside sink and a generator that is activated from the scullery;
- Main bedroom is spacious with high ceilings and an attractive chandelier light fitting. A bay window looks towards the mountain. Another large window to the north. The cupboard is not built in but would be included in the sale. The en suite bathroom has a shower and free standing bath, double vanity basins and a large north facing window;
- The second bedroom is a mirror image of the main bedroom but with views to the east over the Estate dams;
- Third bedroom has built in cupboards but is not en suite;
- The second lounge that has large sliding door and wonderful views to the east overlooking the dams. It has the same triangular window that offers wonderful light into the room.
- There is a small TV lounge in the basement of the house.
- The fourth bedroom is en suite with a shower and bath and the room has built in cupboards;
- Staff accommodation, room with separate that includes a kitchenette and a bathroom with a shower and toilet.
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.