Luxurious Double Storey Home
Land Size: 1,618 sqm
House Size: 563 sqm
Invest in this awe-inspiring double storey home in Walkersons Private Estate, where architectural style and interior design meet to provide a luxurious country hideaway that makes the most of its unique location. Set on a ledge overlooking the Lunsklip River and offering never-ending country vistas, this home epitomises luxurious yet comfortable living. Floor to ceiling windows not only bring floods of natural light into the internal space, they serve to frame the views at every turn. Step outside onto the veranda and hear the constant cadence of the flowing Lunsklip River below.
The architectural modern barn style and unusual use of materials contributes to the outstanding nature of this house. The exterior of the house brings together an intentional design of plaster, corrugated iron and stone walls. The interior is extremely spacious with luxurious finishes throughout. The main entrance is on the upper level together with three (of the four) bedroom suites and a family room. The lower level is dedicated to the entertainment area with a spacious, open plan bar area, dining room, kitchen, lounge and snooker room with an additional and separate guest suite. The partially covered veranda has a built in braai and a jacuzzi.
Walkersons Private Estate with its manicured grounds, is an upmarket country estate offering full title ownership, magnificent trout dams and exclusive fly fishing waters together with bountiful game that roam 800 hectares. Families can enjoy long walks over a network of paved walking paths and mountain hiking trails interspersed with a designated picnic area and, if its misty outside, owners can enjoy the estate and spa facilities.
Residents are encouraged to enjoy all the boutique offerings of the Walkersons Hotel & Spa not to mention its award winning fine and less formal dining experiences.
The estate is located only 10kms from Dullstroom and internal roads are all tarred. Alternatively, private aircrafts can land on the estate airstrip. Access is controlled by 24 hour security at the boomed entrance gate.
- Access from the road and the garage is directly to the upper level. You are welcomed onto an entrance platform through a large rotating door of solid wood with the family room to your left or bedroom suites to your right. There is also a guest toilet and the entire area features down lighters and laminated wooden floors.
The entrance platform has two skylights and looks down on the lower level including the double volume bar area. There is a timber staircase and balustrade leading down from the entrance platform to the lower level.
- Large floor to ceiling anodized frame corner windows ensuring light and spectacular views;
- Gas fireplace with stone surround and granite area.
- A surround sound system has been mounted and installed with speakers throughout the house, including the bedroom suites;
- The flat screen has been mounted on a wall featuring a fabric finish with stone pillars on either side;
- Below the television is an attractive floating wooden shelf with storage space underneath.
- Granite top vanity;
- Tiled and with one wall of stonework. Modern fittings include a wall mounted toilet with soft closing lid and seat.
There is direct access from the double garage into the upper level.
All three bedrooms are en suite with built in remote control surround sound and floor to ceiling anodized window frames ensuring great views! There are several feature walls of cemcrete. The doors throughout are an imposing 2,4 m high.
- The main bedroom suite has three skylights. There is a beautiful central display wall that separates the bathroom and sleeping area. This wall is also fitted with the flat screen television and display shelves and includes a wood storage area for the wood combustion stove. There are ample built in cupboards and drawers.
The en suite bathroom is open plan with a tiled floor. There is a double vanity on a granite countertop, heated towel rails, slatted timber floor in the spacious shower area. The shower has one feature pebble wall and two embossed glass sides. Ball and claw bath is set against floor to ceiling windows that offer uninterrupted views up and down the Lunsklip River. The toilet is closed off.
- The second and third bedrooms are mirror images of each other. They are similar to but slightly smaller than the main bedroom suite with built in cupboards, a wood combustion stove, built in display shelves, and feature wall with flat screen television. The en suites are also similar to the main en suite with double vanity, ball and claw bath, shower with glass embossed walls, slatted timber floor and separate toilets.
The very spacious open plan living area has laminated wooden floors and downlighters throughout. This area consists of the bar, dining room, kitchen and scullery, lounge and pool area. The partially covered veranda with timber floors has a built in braai and Jacuzzi.
- Set within a double volume space with amazing views over the Lunsklip River through large anodized framed windows and feature lights over the bar;
- Wooden bar counter with under counter cupboards, drawers and two built in bar fridges.
- Separate granite counter to the side;
- Full length exit anodized sliding doors out onto the partially covered veranda.
- The kitchen has a large L shaped, central island with granite countertop which includes the built in cutting board, Defy flat surface 4 plate stove, 2 plate Elba gas stove, prep sink, dustbin incorporated into the fittings and under counter oven. The granite top surface can be used as a work surface or dining counter with chairs around the front sides;
- Ample dark wood cupboards, drawers and shelves throughout the kitchen area;
- Cupboards accommodate a double door fridge, with spaces for the microwave and additional eye level oven;
- Separate pantry with ample shelves and door.
- Double sink, granite countertops and dustbin cupboard;
- Spacious built in cupboards with under counter washing machine, tumble drier and dishwasher. The cupboards above the sink include a built in drying rack;
- Exit door out into the courtyard.
- Feature wall of built-in stone and wooden display shelf with wood storage space underneath;
- The main wall contains a built in concrete shelf and below it a built in fireplace;
- Floor to ceiling anodized window frames ensuring views once again;
- A row of crystal hanging lights is featured over the dining room table.
Lounge and snooker room:
- The lounge and snooker room is separated by a centre wall with a large double sided built in fireplace;
- Both rooms lead onto the timber floored veranda through two double sliding doors;
- The veranda is equipped with a built in braai, granite work surfaces, prep sink and Jacuzzi. The views from the veranda are breathtaking;
- The snooker room accommodates a three quarter size pool table and leads out onto the closed back patio with paving stones and ornamental grass.
4th bedroom fully self sustaining suite:
- This room is perfect for visitors and has its own separate entrance;
- There is a flat screen television, laminated wooden floor and ample built in cupboards;
- Small kitchenette with single sink, granite top, dark wood cupboards and wall cupboards with glass inserts, and with microwave and fridge. Low windows in the kitchenette allow light while ensuring privacy;
- Beautifully tiled wall behind the wood combustion stove;
- En suite similar to the other bathrooms with single vanity, shower with embossed glass walls. Separate toilet;
Storeroom and Guest Toilet:
- The surround sound system is in a small room just off the lounge;
- This room also features floor to ceiling cupboards along one side;
- Downlighters and 2 x plugs;
- Guest toilet and basin.
- Low maintenance garden with scattered pots, ornamental grass, stepping stones and indigenous plants.
- Paved driveway leading to the garage & front door;
- The courtyard above the garage has been enclosed with an entrance door and is used to store refuse bins, garden equipment and gas bottles;
- The garage can accommodate two vehicles. It has a motorized, double wooden door, rubber matt flooring and the back wall is lined with built in cupboards, drawers and shelves. Additional fishing rod rails have been mounted against the wall;
- There is a door from the garage leading into the family room;
- An additional small garage houses the golf cart.
- The appeal of this house is definitely its location, spaciousness, beautiful finishes and features and the breathtaking views! The cold winter days are taken care of by the fireplaces throughout;
- There is a second storeroom leading from the back patio and under the steps;
- A third storeroom is located outside the kitchen area and houses the 7,5 kilowatt generator that is wired into the house but does not switch on automatically;
- A fourth storeroom close-by is used for the gas bottles, garbage, firewood etc
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.