Upmarket Home in Walkersons Private Estate
Land Size: 1 ha
House Size: 650 sqm
This magnificent double storey, modern home within Walkersons Private Estate, features four bedrooms, three bathrooms and spacious living areas. The design of the home incorporates an extensive amount of glass, double volume sections creating a sense of openness and space. While the design is very modern there is still a sense of homeliness and warmth throughout. High quality finishes throughout including high performance glass. The use of large windows and doors throughout takes advantage of all the Estates views, with breath-taking views from very room in the home. Situated on large elevated stand of 1,3 hectares. The exterior of the house is a mixture of plaster, corrugated iron, stone walls, facebrick and high performance glass.
The Walkersons Private Estate is an upmarket country estate offering a limited number of owners on this exclusive game and trout estate, considered to be one of the most exclusive addresses in the Eastern Highlands of South Africa. The Estate is located 10km from the town of Dullstroom with tar roads to each stand and is accessible by private aircraft. The 800 hectare estate is situated in a beautiful valley and entrance is through a security controlled gatehouse. There is no time limit on when to build in this most Exclusive and Private Estate. Walkersons Private Estate comprises a small total of 114 full title stands.
The Estate offers its residents an exclusive country lifestyle with access to manicured grounds, a mountain nature reserve, indigenous fauna and flora, 14 dams and lakes and 4km of river frontage. There is also a network of paved walking paths and mountain hiking trails. The Estate is also home to the renowned Walkersons Hotel and Spa.
- The front door sets the tone for the home, with a 2,8 meter wooden swivel door featuring large glass panels on each side;
- From the entrance, the open plan living area features the kitchen and dining room to the right and separate lounge and entertainment room to the left.
- The kitchen is single volume with down lighters and concrete flooring;
- The focus of the room is the central breakfast counter with Caesarstone top and built in Samsung wine cooler and features lights above;
- Ample beautifully designed cupboards and drawers with granite tops and a prep sink
- Free standing 6 plate Smeg gas stove, electric oven and Smeg extractor fan;
- Built-in Whirlpool Convection Microwave
- Walk in pantry with shelving and drawers;
- Separate scullery that also features ample built in cupboards with granite tops, fittings to accommodate a dishwasher and glass exit door.
- The dining area is situated a few steps higher than the kitchen;
- Featuring floor to ceiling glass doors and windows on three sides, of which on large sliding doors opens onto the covered veranda;
- The built-in wood burning Morso fireplace set in an attractive red brick feature wall;
- The covered veranda has a built- in braai, concrete serving top and wood storage area below;
- The lounge is separate and located near the front of the home;
- The wood burning Morso fireplace, is set in an attractive red brick feature wall;
- A very large window offers excellent views over the Estate. There is also a large sliding door on the opposite side to this. While two double glass sliding doors lead onto the front, covered veranda with a built-in fireplace;
- Laminate oak timber flooring and built in speakers;
- There are windows and glass doors on three sides, with double glass sliding doors that open onto a small covered veranda and the back garden;
- Hanging feature lights;
- Guest toilet with vanity;
- Lockable storeroom with shelving.
Loft area situated above the entertainment room:
- Loft area with open exposed beams that could be used as a fifth bedroom.
The staircase has steel balustrades and cemcrete steps that lead upstairs to the bedrooms and open reading lounge. All the bedrooms have laminate timber flooring and bathrooms have cemcrete flooring.
- The reading lounge has a feature stone wall and open exposed beams with hanging feature lights;
- There is a sliding door that opens from the reading lounge up onto a small balcony.
- Built in cupboards in the passage;
- This bedroom has open beams and sliding doors that open onto a small balcony.
- This bathroom has a frameless shower, heated towel rails, toilet and oval vanity with a cupboard underneath;
- Separate toilet with hand basin.
- Has built in cupboards with down lights;
- The bedroom features three single beds, with the third bed suspended from the roof over the other two single beds.
- Has a large bath, frameless shower with a view, tiled double vanity with cupboards underneath and heated towel rails. Separate toilet
- This bedroom has built in cupboards and opens onto a small balcony at the back of the house.
Main Bedroom and en suite Bathroom:
- The main bedroom is spacious with open exposed beams, feature lighting, a large wood burning Morso fireplace and glass sliding doors that open onto a narrow Juliette balcony. The large en suite bathroom is tiled, has upmarket fittings and massive glass windows ensuring beautiful views over the Estate. There is a frameless shower, a large oval Palazzo bath, double vanity, heated towel rail and downlights;
- Separate toilet;
- Dressing room area with ample cupboards off the bedroom;
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.