Home in Country Estate
Land Size: 3 ha
House Size: 384 sqm
This property offers the unique opportunity to own a full title 3 hectare stand in an estate of 1000 hectares. Wagenbietjieshoek Estate is fully game fenced, stocked with a wide variety of game and has seven dams. The indigenous forest and protected grasslands offer endless areas to hike and bike, through mountains and across the valley. It is the ultimate farmstyle country destination surrounded by the magnificent Steenkampsberg range in the Kwena Basin Conservancy. With only 2 percent of the Estate actually being developed, 98 percent offers untouched natural beauty to enjoy.
The house is one of the original farmhouses that has been beautifully renovated and maintained. It has four bedrooms, two bathrooms and several outbuildings. Set in a beautiful, established garden with a pergola, mature trees, fruit trees and a vegetable garden. The location of the house offers magnificent scenic views of the valley and mountains.
Wagenbietjieshoek is approximately 240km from Pretoria and Johannesburg and is malaria free, making it the ideal getaway for city dwellers. The route would be along the N4, the left fork onto the Schoemans Kloof road and then 11 kilometers of gravel to the Estate.
Co-ordinates: 25o2838.33 S
The house is plaster under corrugated iron roof which has been completely replaced. The old style metal cottage pane windows have been retained. It has the classic thick walls and has been recently painted. Most of the floors are a light coloured cement finish which has been cut out into a large tile design.
- Double doors on the veranda lead into a small entrance hall;
- The lounge has a fireplace and lovely views across the garden and out onto the Estate;
- There is a separate dining room that also has a door onto the veranda;
- Very spacious classic farmhouse kitchen which has the old fashioned coal stove a Saphire, as well as an electric stove and oven;
- There is a separate scullery, laundry area with a pantry which has shelving and a back door out to the garage area;
- The main bedroom is en suite with a shower and bath. It is very spacious, is carpeted and has built in cupboards;
- The other three bedrooms are very similar, spacious with carpets;
- The second bathroom has a bath and shower the floor is tiled and partially tiled walls;
- The veranda runs the full length of the front of the house, with sliding doors into the dining area and double doors into the entrance hall.
- Extra width single garage with a double sink, tiled floors and a stove;
- Adjacent storeroom;
- Stone rondavel, with a diameter of approximately 8 meters that is currently used as an office. It has a high pitched thatch ceiling, electricity and polished concrete flooring;
- Additional double secure parking and storage;
- Covered parking for three cars;
- Additional storeroom and stable, can accommodate horses;
- Three phase electrical supply;
- A maize silo that can be converted;
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.