Share in Residential Home in Walkersons Estate
Land Size: 1,278 sqm
House Size: 320 sqm
Own a tenth share in this magnificent home in Walkersons Private Estate which entitles you to five weeks usage per year. The weeks commence on a Thursday and end on the Tuesday. The sale also includes a tenth share in the adjacent vacant stand.
This home has excellent quality finishes and features three bedrooms and an upstairs loft bedroom, two of these are en suite with two additional bathrooms. The spacious open plan living area has a wonderful airy feel created by the 2,9 meter sliding folding doors on the southern and northern aspects of the lounge/dining room, further enhanced by the double volume ceiling.
The views from the southern veranda are through the mature oak trees across to the river and one of the many dams on the Estate. On the northern side of the house there is a very well protected courtyard with braai and pizza oven.
There have been no expenses spared and no details overlooked in the furnishings.
This uniquely designed home is located in Homestead Village and overlooks the Lunsklip River. The outstanding feature of the village is the many mature oak trees along the road and within the village. It is nestled up against the mountain.
The Walkersons Private Estate is an upmarket country estate offering a limited number of owners on this exclusive game and trout estate, considered to be one of the most exclusive addresses in the Eastern Highlands of South Africa. The Estate is located 10km from the town of Dullstroom with tar roads to each stand and is accessible by private aircraft. The 800 hectare estate is situated in a beautiful valley and entrance is through a security controlled gatehouse. There is no time limit on when to build in this most Exclusive and Private Estate. Walkersons Private Estate comprises a small total of 114 full title stands.
The Estate offers its residents an exclusive country lifestyle with access to manicured grounds, a mountain nature reserve, indigenous fauna and flora, 14 dams and lakes and 4km of river frontage. There is also a network of paved walking paths and mountain hiking trails. The Estate is also home to the renowned Walkersons Hotel and Spa.
The parking area to the house is paved. Well-manicured established garden. Walking down from the parking area one comes to the open courtyard, also paved, with ample space for a table and chairs and the braai and pizza oven. This area is well protected from the prevailing wind. The house has cemcrete type floors throughout and very interesting finishes both inside and out including corrugated iron, stone and rough plaster. All doors are solid wood.
- The spacious lounge/dining room has 2,9m anodized sliding folding doors, is double volume and has a beautiful rough timber ceiling with substantial beams;
- There is a large morso fireplace set into a feature stone wall;
- Attractive light fittings grace the dining room area;
- Open plan kitchen with modern open shelves, attractive paneled kitchen cupboards, a rack above the work space with baskets and unique leather finish matt granite work tops;
- Smeg 6 plate gas stove top and electric oven with an extractor hood and light;
- There is a breakfast nook with floor to ceiling glass offering amazing views down to the river;
- The scullery is separate so there is a prep sink in the kitchen area;
- Full door fridge and separate freezer.
- Narrow double doors lead from the kitchen to the scullery where there is a double sink, more cupboards and shelves and a dish washer.
- The deep veranda flows out from the living area, through sliding folding doors and has wonderful views of the river;
- Stairs lead down to the grassed area in front.
- Leads off from the lounge area and has beautiful views towards the trees and river;
- Double timber frame doors onto the veranda;
- Morso fireplace and attractive downlighters;
- En suite bathroom with bath and shower and toilet enclosed with frosted glass;
- Underfloor heating in the bathroom and heated towel rails;
- Attractive granite tops with double vanity basins.
- Also leads off the living area;
- Has ample built in cupboards and double doors onto the back patio and garden area;
- It also has a morso.
Second and Third Bathrooms
- Are across the passage from this bedroom. One has a shower only and the other has a bath only;
- Both bathrooms have heated towel rails.
- There is a fold down ladder to the upstairs loft bedroom but there is also an outside staircase;
- The loft bedroom has four single beds, cupboards and dormer windows;
- Stable door opens onto a very narrow balcony that overlooks the living area.
- Is a short distance from the main house and has double doors opening onto a patio with lovely views;
- The bedroom has a morso fireplace, timber cottage pane windows and timber double volume ceiling;
- The en suite bathroom has granite tops with double vanity;
- The toilet is separate and the shower has a timber slat floor;
- Heated towel rail.
- There is a storeroom in the house that has individual floor to ceiling lockable cupboards for storage for each of the members;
- Outside there is a store room with metal cupboards;
- Behind the fourth bedroom is a further storeroom for wood and bicycles.
- With top and bottom shelves, granite tops and a sink;
- There is a washing machine and tumble dryer and additional shelves.
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.