Large Family Home With Views
Land Size: 2,676 sqm
House Size: 535 sqm
This large 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom house is uniquely located on one of the highest points in Dullstroom Village, offering amazing 270 degree views over the town and surrounding farmlands. The original house has been extensively renovated with substantial additions made in the last four years including a 6 car garage. All the bedrooms are en suite and the entertainment areas are generously sized. The property extends across two stands each of 1388sqm and has an attractive garden with a water feature at the entrance of the house.
One of the few houses that has successfully incorporated several green technologies to enable comfortable off the grid living in power failures. These include solar geysers throughout, solar panels and a wind turbine.
The kitchen, dining room, lounge and entertainment areas all exist in a large open plan space.
Entertainment and Living Area:
- There is a small entrance hall area that opens onto the T.V. lounge.
- The TV lounge features a pull down projector screen of approximately 3m x 3m. There are two overhead projectors that project either T.V. channels or DVDÂs onto the screen.
- This area is separated from an entertainment area by a large double sided fireplace Â this room currently has a full sized restored billiard table.
- There is a built in bar with under-counter fridges.
- The flooring is re-claimed 60 year old Oregon wood throughout the living areas and bedrooms. Only the bathrooms and kitchen do not have wooden floors.
- There are three large north facing feature windows maximizing the warmth from the sun and showing off the wonderful views across the countryside. All these picture windows have armour plated glass.
- The lounge opens out to the patio and built in braai area outside. There is a second pull down screen in this room.
- The verandah is on the northern side of the house near an attractive water feature giving the area the sound of constant running water.
Kitchen and Dining area:
- The kitchen is part of the original house and is open plan incorporating the dining room.
- It has a double sink, five plate gas stove, a central island and original Oregon kitchen fittings.
- The large dining room features a Âmorso-typeÂ glass doored Jetmaster fireplace and features a north facing picture window.
- There is an office with adjoining guest bathroom and toilet
- There is built in shelving and a fireplace with an electric fire.
- Two of the bedrooms are part of the original house with the en suite bathrooms having been renovated, one with bath only and the other with a bath and shower.
- Both bedrooms have built in cupboards and have Victorian style fireplaces dating back to 1890. These two rooms have T.VÂs
- The other three guest bedrooms are situated on the other side of the house and all feature Jetmaster fireplaces.
- The three guest rooms each have wall mounted plasma flat screen T.VÂs and sliding doors onto small balconies. The bathrooms have showers with a seat.
- The main bedroom has a large dressing room and full bathroom, a double vanity and a shower with a seat. It has a small kitchenette with Oregon fittings and a bar fridge.
- There is another en-suite bedroom situated in the garden with a shower, toilet and electric geyser, suitable for an employee or as a sixth guestroom.
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.