Weekend Farm of 116 Hectares
Land Size: 116 ha
This weekend farm of 116 hectares is tucked away in the mountains southwest of the hamlet of Tonteldoos. It features four dams, one of approximately 1.5 hectares, an old farmhouse with three bedrooms. The property has lovely views overlooking the surrounding farmlands with rocky features and kiepersol trees throughout. Ideal for the outdoor enthusiast, to do mountain biking, fishing, birdwatching or hiking. 4 x 4 vehicle required to access the property.
The garden is established with many succulents and various fruit trees including lemon and peach trees.
Approximately 27km from Dullstroom, with 22 km on the Tonteldoos dirt road, 3 km on the Laersdrift dirt road and 2 km on a servitude road to the entrance of this property. The trip from Dullstroom will take you approximately 50 minutes to get there.
The farmhouse is basic with solid, thick walls and thatch roof.
- The lounge area is spacious and has a large fireplace, bar with wooden counter and stone underneath. Double doors onto the open veranda;
- The kitchen is tiled and has a few cupboards with counter top, shelving and coal stove;
- Large covered veranda at the back of the kitchen, tiled, with mesh wire windows and door. It has two outside sinks and first bathroom with shower, basin and toilet;
- Dining area is tiled;
- First bedroom is carpeted and has farmland views. Entrance via the dining area;
- Second bedroom is carpeted and can accommodate a king size bed and a single bed;
- The third bedroom is carpeted and leads off the covered veranda;
- The tiled, second bathroom is en suite to the second and third bedrooms. It has a bath, basin on cupboard and toilet;
- Outside braai;
- Remains of an old stone kraal;
- Old shed;
- Old stone garage with single carport.
- Sarah and Lucky work and stay on the farm with their family;
- There are currently five houses and Eskom.
- Borehole with electric pump feeds water to the house;
- Four dams, with the largest measuring approximately 1.5 hectares. Some of the dams needs to be cleaned;
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.