Beautiful Old Farmhouse With Wide Verandas
Land Size: 256 ha
House Size: 250 sqm
R4,500,000 Excluding Vat.
This farm of approximately 256 hectares is situated in the Steenkampsberg Mountain Range. The old farm house has been beautifully restored and features four bedrooms all with en suite bathrooms, open plan living area and wide verandas on two sides. Water includes five dams, one weir and one kilometre of the Klip River running through the property. There are lovely views down the valley, with the Steenkampsberg as a backdrop behind the farm. The farm offers a wonderful opportunity for cattle and sheep farming with extensive arable land that is currently under pastures. All 9 camps have been newly fenced.
Located a total of 33 kms from Dullstroom towards the Lydenburg/ Roossenekal road, 15 kilometers of this is tar and the balance is gravel. Access gained through a 2km servitude on a neighbouring farm. More direct access from Gauteng would be from Middleburg on the R55 to Stoffberg, Roossenekal and then to the farm. This route would be entirely tarred.
- Stone under corrugate iron;
- Open plan living area with double sided stone fireplace between the lounge and dining room, which are both carpeted. Double doors lead onto the covered veranda, with views over the farmland and first dam;
- The kitchen has ample cupboards, a four plate gas stove, oven and extractor fan, space to accommodate a dishwasher, as well as a small pantry with shelving;
- There is a wide, covered veranda on two sides of the house;
- All four bedrooms are carpeted and have wall heaters;
- The first bedroom is spacious with large open windows that overlook the garden and double doors onto the veranda. The en suite bathroom is tiled with shower, toilet and vanity;
- The second bedroom has a tiled en suite bathroom with shower, bath, toilet and vanity;
- The third bedroom has built in cupboards and is large enough to accommodate three beds plus double doors onto the covered veranda. The en suite bathroom has a shower, vanity and toilet;
- The fourth bedroom leads off the third bedroom or can be accessed via the veranda. It has an en suite bathroom with a basin and a separate toilet;
- Timber window and door frames throughout;
- Painted timber ceilings throughout.
- Old barn with storerooms and double carport;
- Staff quarters with spacious open plan living area and kitchen. One bedroom and bathroom with shower. There is Eskom and no geyser.
- Laundry room.
- There are no staff living on the farm.
- There are five dams two of which are approximately half hectare each. Two of the dams are fed from a spring and then feed into the river;
- One kilometre of Klip River flows through the farm and gravity feeds the first dam at the house. The second dam is fed by channel from the river;
- There is one weir in the river;
- One borehole pumps to two JoJo tanks, which then gravity feeds to the house. There is a second borehole with a windmill which is not in working order;
- Four springs on the property.
- Grazing - 226ha
- Planted pastures - 27ha
- Drylands - 4ha
- The current owner has stud cattle and can comfortably run 100 head. Approximately 100 sheep could also be kept on the farm;
- Some of the lands are irrigated from the dam below the house.
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.