Share In A Beautiful Farm
Land Size: 396 ha
House Size: 247 sqm
Share available in this beautiful farm, which equates to 5 weeks usage per year.
The farm is approximately 396 hectares and has excellent waters, amazing views and accommodation in one of the two houses - a 12 sleeper house or an 8 sleeper cottage. The fishing water includes 10 trout dams and three weirs along the Dorps river.
Travel approximately 27 kilometers from Dullstroom on the R540 towards Lydenburg and another
1 km of provincial gravel road.
Both houses have many of the attractive features of an older house - the high ceilings, spacious rooms, and very thick walls.
The house has cottage pane windows, stone walls with a pitched corrugated iron roof. The living area is tiled while the bedrooms are carpeted, the bedrooms do not have built in cupboards. There are five bedrooms and three bathrooms.
- Open plan kitchen, dining room and lounge with exposed beams and a large fireplace;
- The dining room is tiled with a large 12 seater table and a feature candle chandelier;
- The kitchen has ample fitted cupboards and a double sink. There is a large breakfast bar counter, a 4 plate Bosch gas stove with an electric oven, Defy washing machine, Sharp Microwave, a Cyclamatic fridge freezer and a Whirlpool fridge freezer;
- The timber doors off the lounge area open onto a large tiled covered veranda, which has a built-in braai and overlooks the dam that is within approximately 50 meters;
- Two of the bedrooms are on one side of the living area. They share a bathroom that has direct access from both rooms and has a bath with a shower, toilet and basin;
- The main bedroom has doors onto the veranda;
- Two of the bedrooms on the other side face the dam and have doors onto the veranda;
- These two bedrooms share a spacious bathroom with a shower and single vanity;
- The fifth bedroom also has a door onto the side veranda and has a spacious en suite bathroom with a bath and shower above the bath, singe vanity;
- Between the fourth and fifth bedroom is a small lounge area;
- Double carport;
- Single carport;
The cottage has cottage pane windows with a combination of stone, plastered and painted brick walls with a pitched corrugated iron roof and timber ceilings. The living areas are tiled and the bedrooms are carpeted. There are four bedrooms and three bathrooms:
- Open plan kitchen, dining room and lounge with feature stone walls and exposed beams;
- The kitchen has a breakfast bar counter with chairs. There is a double sink and ample of kitchen cupboards;
- The kitchen has a Defy fridge freezer, Kelvinator fridge freezer and a Bosch 4 plate gas stove with an electric oven;
- Spacious lounge and dining area that is carpeted with a large bay window to admire the scenic view of the mountain and trout dams;
- The main bedroom is en suite bathroom with shower, toilet and basin;
- Second bedroom has built in cupboards;
- The third and fourth bedrooms are on the other side of the living area and both have access directly to the veranda. The third bedroom is en suite with a bath only and the fourth bedroom is en suite with a shower only. These rooms are interleading but the door between can be closed off;
- Braai area on the veranda.
- There are ten trout dams of which one is currently empty;
- Permit in place to purchase and stock dams with trout. Stocking is done about 3 times per year;
- Water from a spring that gravitates into a 5000L tank for supply to the cottage;
- Three weirs in the Dorps River;
- Previously used fishery consisting of 6 round cement dams and 1200sqm cement dam.
- There are 17 shareholders;
- Shareholders must accompany their guests;
- 5 weeks per year, Thursday to Tuesday with Wednesday being the change-over;
- The monthly levy is R 4,100.00 per shareholder per month. This is for the total operating cost of the farm and includes everything to operate and maintain the farm salaries for the manager and workers, electricity, stocking, farm vehicles, petrol and oils, repairs and maintenance, insurance, security - there are no other costs for the shareholder;
- Only one special levy of R3000.00 was raised in the last 14 years;
- Cleaning staff is paid directly for each stay - currently R300 for the weekend plus R100 per day;
- Shareholders alternate their weekends between the house and cottage. Four of the dams are for the exclusive use of the house and four for the exclusive use of the cottage.
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.