87 Hectare Farm with Accommodation
Land Size: 87 ha
House Size: 340 sqm
This lovely farm of 87 hectares is located 23km from Dullstroom on the Tonteldoos dirt road. It features a beautiful, recently renovated three bedroom, two bathroom farmhouse, a separate two bedroom cottage, several outbuildings and three dams. There is currently 14 hectares of arable land under eragrostis. In total, there is approximately 45 hectares arable land. It has wonderful scenic views and rock features. Ideal farm ready to move in with income potential from weekend rentals and hay bales!
The house was extensively renovated two years ago in 2015 and has very good quality finishes. It has terracotta tiling throughout and exposed timber beams making all the rooms very spacious. There are timber window and door frames with burglar bars throughout and security gates on the doors. The house is plastered with stone features under corrugated iron. The blinds on the windows are included in the sale.
- Attractive entrance from a tiled veranda through double doors;
- Very spacious open plan living area with exposed beams and tiled floors throughout. The lounge area has a fireplace with a broad sleeper wood mantel piece and double doors leading out to the front veranda;
- The dining area also has double doors leading to the side portico and garden;
- There is an old-style Union coal stove in the kitchen area in addition to a six plate gas Smeg stove with electric oven and an extractor hood;
- Very attractive saligna timber work tops in the kitchen with farm style concrete shelving and open shelving above the work tops;
- The central island has the same timber work top and can accommodate stools on both sides;
- The separate scullery has a double sink and plumbing for a washing machine and dish washer. It also has an exit door into the garden;
- The spacious bathroom has a large shower, modern hand basin set on a timber counter and toilet;
- The main bedroom is tiled and has double doors onto the veranda. The open, en suite bathroom features a shower, double vanity and toilet;
- All bedrooms are tiled and have double doors onto the front veranda;
- Outside thatch roof boma of approximately 28 sqm, used as an braai / entertainment area with brick floor;
- The area around the house is enclosed with a low, stone wall.
- Entrance from the veranda through double doors into the open plan lounge and kitchen with a breakfast bar that serves as a dining area;
- The kitchen has attractive saligna work tops, a single sink and a four plate gas stove.
- The lounge features a fireplace;
- Both bedrooms are spacious and have double doors out onto the veranda;
- The bathroom has a large shower and basin on a timber fitting;
- Single carport.
- Stone shed, with separate toilet, currently used to store the hay / animal food;
- Corrugated iron shed of 112 sqm, with chicken enclosures along the one side.
- Enclosed garage of 72 sqm.
- There are 3 trout dams which are situated close together, with the largest measuring approximately 1 hectare and the other 2 dams approximately 0.5 hectare each;
- The water supply to the main house and cottage are from the borehole that fills a water tank and is then gravity fed to both;
- Neat grass walkways down to the dams;
- The third dam of 0.5 hectare is currently overgrown with reeds and requires attention;
- There are 2 streams that flow through the farm, of which the stronger stream feeds both the first and second dams.
- The cottage is not rented out currently but would make a very attractive weekend rental option;
- Income from the arable land as well as the potential for livestock.
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.