Farm Of Over 500 Hectares
Land Size: 500 ha
House Size: 250 sqm
R 5,900,000 VAT Included
This beautiful farm of approximately 500 hectares is situated in the hills above the hamlet of Tonteldoos, and is one of the largest farms in the area. It features an array of typical Middlevelt indigenous trees, a variety of proteas and other wildflowers. The farm has stunning views over the koppies of the Tonteldoos area. Water on the property includes three dams, two boreholes and the Tonteldoosriver meanders through the farm. There is a two bedroom, two bathroom farmhouse, a three bedroom historical cottage that dates back to the 1800s and a third, two bedroom house. For many years it ran as a commercial farm.
Approximately 28 kilometers from Dullstroom on the Tonteldoos Road.
The house was built in 1991 in keeping with an old-style farmhouse with thick walls constructed with stone external walls, brick internal walls and insulation in between. It has a wraparound veranda on three sides.
The house is tiled throughout with quarry tiles and has knotty pine ceilings. All the doors that open to the veranda have shutters as well as security gates.
- Front door leads off the veranda into the lounge and dining room which has exposed beams;
- The lounge has a jetmaster fireplace and doors onto the veranda;
- The dining room has doors onto the back garden;
- The kitchen has ample built in cupboards, a double sink, 4 plate stove and oven. There are security bars on the window and back door;
- The main bedroom is large with built in cupboards and has doors onto the veranda. The en suite bathroom has a shower, ball and claw bath tub, toilet and basin;
- The second bedroom opens onto the veranda and is big enough for two single beds;
- The second bathroom has a large bath, basin, and toilet;
- The back garden has an old sheep kraal area with low stone walls. This has been developed into a very attractive garden feature.
The Cottage has cement floors throughout and low, pine ceilings. There are three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- The cottage was built in the 1880s. Representatives of the National Monument Committee were consulted so that it could be authentically restored;
- The main entrance door leads into a small entrance hall that leads off to the kitchen, lounge and bedroom;
- The kitchen is tiled with a four plate stove and double sink. There is a back door leading out to the garden;
- The lounge is spacious and has a jetmaster fireplace;
- The bathroom has a Victorian style bath with toilet and basin;
- The first bedroom has a walk-in cupboard and en suite bathroom with shower, toilet and basin;
- The second bedroom has a feature stone wall;
- The third bedroom has built in cupboards.
- There is a well-constructed, face brick two 5 bedroom house with kitchen, living area and bathroom. No electricity.
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.