Farm In Tonteldoos - Restaurant and Accommodation
Land Size: 27 ha
House Size: 340 sqm
This farm of approximately 27 hectares is situated in the heart of the small hamlet of Tonteldoos, 22km north west of Dullstroom. It is ideal for running a small farming operation as it has ample water and infrastructure. It also has a fully equipped and licensed restaurant, providing a source of income. Accommodation on the farm consists of a three bedroom, three bathroom farmhouse with living area, an office and a library, plus a one bedroom self-contained flat.
There are terracotta tiles and knotty pine ceilings throughout most of the house. All the rooms are a good size.
- Living area with fireplace and French doors with expanda security gate which leads onto the garden. DSTV and Wi-Fi installation;
- Separate dining room with fireplace and French doors onto the garden;
- Library and an office with built in shelves;
- Main bedroom has built in cupboards as well as a walk-in linen cupboard with a safe. En-suite bathroom has a corner bath / shower, toilet and bidet;
- The second bedroom is en suite and has an alcove with plumbing that could be converted to a kitchenette. The room can be accessed from the house as well as a separate entrance from the garden, so the whole unit could serve as accommodation for weekend rentals;
- Third bedroom has Novilon flooring;
- The third bathroom is situated off the kitchen and has a shower, toilet and basin;
- The kitchen is 8m x 3m with basic cupboards and a sink;
- Storeroom adjacent to the kitchen;
- The dining room leads onto an open veranda;
- Established garden with five large walnut trees, a lush lawn surrounded by lavender and rose bushes.
- Consists of an open plan kitchen, lounge area with a fireplace;
- The bedroom has en suite bathroom consisting of shower, toilet and basin;
- Sliding door that leads onto a covered tiled veranda;
- Large workshop / storeroom of approximately 100 sqm with concrete flooring, double garage entrance doors, fluorescent lights;
- Extensive outbuildings and storerooms;
- Ladies and Gents toilets which could potentially service a camping site;
- Staff toilet.
The restaurant is fully operational and with a full liquor license, offering breakfast and lunch, and dinner on request. Designed and built in keeping with an old style pioneering coffee shop, creating a wonderful ambiance. The restaurantÂs menu focuses on Âhome grown produce, or produce brought in from neighbouring farmers and suppliers. The overheads are currently low. Tonteldoos is fast becoming a popular weekend destination.
- The building is a timber and corrugated iron construction with a 12 x 12 meter footprint;
- 3 meter deep covered veranda on eastern and western sides;
- Apart from the restaurant section, it also has a lockable storeroom, kitchen, ladies and gents toilets;
- Seats 30 people comfortably.
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.