60 hectare Farm
Land Size: 60 ha
House Size: 320 sqm
The farm is approximately 60 hectares, with a beautifully restored original farmhouse overlooking three of the four dams. The homestead is 320sqm with 3 en suite bedrooms and many appealing features such as a huge fireplace in the lounge, sleeper wood lintels above the fireplace windows and doors, some of the original timber floors and antique fittings in the bathrooms. There is an extensive area of lawn around the house and towards the dams and wonderful old poplars, silver birch and willows. The location is good as it is approximately 20 minutes from Dullstroom and set back two kilometres off the gravel road ensuring privacy.
It is a total of 14 kilometers from Dullstroom on the Tonteldoos road with a further 2km servitude through a neighbouring farm.
The house is north facing and is mostly stone under corrugated iron with timber window and door frames. Many of the walls are covered by creepers. The living areas are tiled and bedrooms either have the original timber floors or have timber laminate. The exterior walls are typically very thick 50 to 60 cms. Many of the doors are original with the old style brass round door handles.
- The area in front of the double front door is tiled with a small roof;
- The spacious entrance hall is double volume and has two skylights;
- Double doors, with attractive glass inset, lead into the open plan lounge dining area of 120 sqm. It has a high ceiling with exposed beams with lovely wrought iron light fitting above the 10 seater dining room table;
- The extra size fireplace is the main feature of the lounge with sleeper wood mantle piece;
- Three sets of double doors lead out to the garden;
- The sunny kitchen is north facing and has several large windows. It has timber work tops and open shelves. Six plate gas stove and an additional 4 plate gas hob, double sink and plumbing for a dishwasher;
- Main bedroom has original timber floors and has an old style fireplace with timber mantelpiece and surround. Double doors open onto the garden and double doors with glass inset also open into the en suite bathroom. The bathroom has a cast iron bath with original brass taps;
- Second bedroom also has original timber floors with an old fashioned fireplace and double doors onto the garden. The en suite bathroom has a cast iron ball and claw bath, brass taps, an ornate pottery basin and large windows;
- The third bedroom has a vinyl timber floor and double doors leading out to the garden. The en suite bathroom has a shower only, a toilet with an old fashioned cistern and chain;
- Walk-in storeroom of 15 sqm with shelves and plug points.
- Timber shed of approximately 10 sqm;
- Staff House.
- Sergeant currently manages the farm and resides on the farm with his mother.
- There are four dams of approximately half a hectare each. The largest of the dams is directly in front of the house and has a small island;
- A borehole feeds into a 5000 litre JoJo tank and from there to the house;
- A second borehole supplies the staff house.
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.