Land Size: 904 ha
This superb farm (better described as an estate) is a rare find that few properties in the area can compete with. The farm is 904 hectares in size and enjoys extraordinary views, easy access on a private paved road and is a mere 8 kilometers from Dullstroom Village.
The accommodation includes a luxurious six bedroom lodge and a three bedroom cottage situated 500 meters apart ensuring privacy. There are six large, very well constructed trout dams and a weir. The property is entirely game fenced for some 14,7 kilometers and has a resident population of over a thousand head of game including wildebeest, zebra, springbok, red hartebeest, mountain rhebok and blesbok plus a host of smaller indigenous species.
The land includes an extensive area of indigenous bush with a number of waterfalls (one of which is particularly impressive) and streams. There are six main water courses with additional reliable springs and wetland areas. The dams have been monitored as remaining full over the past ten years.
The farm is to the north east of Dullstroom, approximately eight kilometers out of town with a very good concrete access road directly off the R540. Despite the proximity to Dullstroom village, all views (mainly northerly and easterly) are uninterrupted by any urban light pollution.
The lodge set deep into the estate has a north easterly vantage over three of the dams. The double storied home, built in face brick and local rock has a slate roof and wooden window frames and is set back on a large area of manicured lawn into which is set a swimming pool. The floors are tiled with underfloor heating and double glazed windows throughout. Quality finishes and fittings apply throughout the house.
- The large front door sets the tone for the whole house that exudes space and expansive windows that maximize the wonderful views;
- The entrance hall is double volume featuring floor to ceiling windows. Separate guest toilet;
- Spacious open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area with a double size fireplace and large windows offering panoramic views;
- There is the most exquisite Brazilian Mahogany bar that houses two under counter bar fridges, has under counter shelving, cupboards and a wine rack;
- The dining area comfortably fits a the matching Mahogany 12 seater dining room table and has a feature stone wall;
- Sliding doors lead onto the tiled covered veranda with a built in gas braai;
- The kitchen has granite work surfaces and a breakfast bar. Four plate stove and double eye level ovens with extractor fan and prep sink;
- Ample beautiful solid timber kitchen cupboards with built in double door fridge. The scullery area has a double sink, dishwasher and washing machine;
- Laundry area with second washing machine and tumble drier;
- Separate walk-in strong room with shelves. Walk-in storeroom/pantry with shelves;
- Separate T.V. room off the kitchen with double sliding doors and closed combustion fireplace;
- All the bedrooms have views over the farm;
- First bedroom is en suite with bath only. Built in cupboards;
- Second bedroom is similar but the en suite bathroom has a shower only;
- Third and fourth bedrooms are also similar but share a bathroom that has a bath and shower;
- Spacious storage cupboards in the passage;
- Attractive spiral metal stairs leads from the entrance hall;
- Mahogany wood paneled library with fireplace;
- Main bedroom with floor to ceiling windows offer extraordinary views towards the
dams and pine forest;
- Spacious bathroom with large jacuzzi bath, shower and double vanity basins;
- Dressing area with ample cupboards and built in dressing table;
- Sixth bedroom shares a bathroom with the main bedroom and has ample built in cupboards.
- Paved driveway, entrance and backyard;
- Single carport;
- Staff rooms with two bedrooms, a bathroom and a living area;
- Outside room that houses the generator and serves as a storeroom;
- Swimming pool in front of the house
Similar style architecture with face brick under tiles. Paved driveway, entrance and backyard with a double garage and a storeroom.
- Lounge dining area is tiled, has a fireplace and sliding doors to the braai area;
- Kitchen has granite work surfaces and ample kitchen cupboards. Double sink, four plate electric stove and oven. Door out to back entertainment area. Outside basin;
- Main bedroom is carpeted and has an en suite with shower and bath. Built in cupboards and dressing table;
- Second and third bedrooms are both carpeted, have built in cupboards;
- Second bathroom with bath only;
- Storage cupboards in the passage.
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.