Guest Farm With Wedding Chapel
Land Size: 196 ha
This 196 hectare farm has been running as a self-catering guest farm. The property caters for romantic getaways, large parties, bachelors parties, golfers from Highland Gate and company team building. Facilities in place to provide catering for groups. A total of 66 guests can be accommodated. There are extensive outbuildings including sheds, workshops, storerooms and staff living quarters. Two dams of approximately one hectare and half a hectare, respectively. A third dam holds water but needs repair. A section of the farm has been game fenced and stocked with a variety of game, including eland, springbok, blesbok and ostrich.
Located a mere 12 kms from Dullstroom with 8 kms on the R540 and 4 kms of dirt road on the Machadodorp road.
TEAM BUILDING / WEDDING AREA:
This area has been fenced off with game fencing and has its own access road and entrance gate with a guard house. It includes a rugby field with goal posts, driving range and a team building obstacle course.
The chapel and a spacious hall, kitchen, tuck shop, laundry and various accommodation units that can sleep up to 36 guests are in this area. There are neat lawns and newly planted trees.
- Facebrick with open beams, cemcrete floors and double doors that lead out onto the deck and side of the chapel;
- It has views over the one dam;
- Covered deck area with timber pathway over a water feature.
Venue Accommodation (sleeps 24):
- Four identical sleeping units of 12sqm each;
- Cemcrete floors and downlights;
- Each can accommodate 6 single beds.
- Separate tiled ablutions for gents and ladies;
- The ladies ablutions include three toilets, four showers, four vanities and dressing area;
- The gents ablutions are similar to the ladies except that they include two urinals.
Tuck shop /Additional accommodation (sleeps 6):
- This building consists of a small tuck shop, laundry with shelves and two accommodation units;
- The units can each accommodate 3 beds and share an inter leading bathroom with
shower, toilet and vanity;
- Both bedroom units have their own entrances.
- 56sqm pub of facebrick with thatch roof and cemcrete floors;
- Large wooden bar counter with under bar fridge, additional free standing fridge and sink;
- TV and pool table;
- High ceiling and feature light;
- Outside flagpole.
The entertainment hall and veranda are approximately 764sqm. It consists of a fully equipped kitchen, dining area, massive hall and veranda.
- The kitchen is tiled with double sink, fridges, large extractor fan and serving hatch into the dining area;
- The dining area has serving counters with cupboards, cemcrete floors, large open windows, downlights, fireplace and large pull down screen;
- The dining area leads down steps into the very spacious hall;
- The hall has wooden beams, five wood burning fireplaces and various double doors that open out onto the verandas. The large veranda is covered and has additional seating for 40 guests.
- Outside sink.
Additional Accommodation (sleeps 24):
(Located further away from the entertainment hall)
- Four identical rooms that can accommodate up to six bunk beds;
- The rooms are basic and require attention;
- Outside braai boma area.
Private Cottage (2 bed 1 bath - sleeps 4):
This basic cottage is positioned away from the team building venue, and is nestled in between a forest area, offering privacy.
- Enclosed veranda / dining area with built in braai and open serving hatch with timber shutters;
- Overlooks the first dam;
- Open plan lounge and kitchen. The lounge has a fireplace and the kitchen a single sink, four plate stove and serving counter;
- The first bedroom is carpeted with built in cupboards;
- The second bedroom is carpeted with shelving;
- The bathroom has laminated tiles, bath, shower, toilet and vanity;
- Jojo tank.
Forest Chapel Venue:
Located not far from the private cottage is an open-air wedding chapel area in the forest.
- There are 22 wooden solid benches that can accommodate up to 200 guests;
- Small timber deck that could accommodate the ceremony podium and that straddles a small stream that feeds the second dam.
MAIN FARM AREA:
This area consists of the various outbuildings, the farm sheds and storerooms, staff accommodation, silo and five houses. Two of the houses are very old and do require attention before they can be used.
First House 120sqm (2 bed 1 bath):
- Tiled kitchen with single sink, four plate stove;
- Open plan lounge / dining area with fireplace;
- First bedroom is carpeted;
- Closed veranda with built in cupboards and a braai;
- Second bedroom has built in cupboards;
- Bathroom with shower, bath, toilet and vanity;
- Outside braai area.
Second House 192sqm (1 bed 1 bath):
- Lounge with bar area and doors out into the garden;
- First bedroom, carpeted, with shelves and en suite with shower, vanity and toilet;
- Connected to the house is a large cold room and carcass processing room.
Third House 551sqm (5 bed 2 bath):
- Old farm house that does require attention;
- Kitchen with Ellis coal stove;
- Dining room;
- Lounge with fireplace;
- Six rooms;
- First bathroom with bath, toilet and vanity;
- Full second bathroom;
- Massive garage.
Fourth House 216sqm (3 bed 2 bath):
- First bathroom, tiled, with bath, toilet, vanity and extractor;
- Second bathroom with shower, toilet and vanity;
- Kitchen has double sink, gas stove and large separate pantry/storeroom;
- First bedroom is carpeted with built in cupboards and shelves;
- Second and third bedrooms with downlights;
- Lounge is carpeted with built in braai.
Fifth House 480sqm (3 bed 2 bath): in need of extensive repair but with a sound structure.
- Large lounge / sunroom;
- Additional living area;
- Five bedrooms;
- 2 bathrooms;
- Double garage.
The facts stated herein are correct to the best of our knowledge, and may be subject to change.